Aenean tellus urna, vehicula quis quam vel, finibus sollicitudin quam maecenas mollis risus eu purus faucibus efficitur. Nullam blandit placerat tempor.
NEP Australia created the most advanced video referral technology in Australian sport for the National Rugby League (NRL), one of the country’s most passionately followed sporting codes.
Review officials stationed at the Bunker can access up to 20 HD camera angles, including high-speed cameras with zoom functions and split screens, and can enjoy playback control for all reviewable decisions.
The new technology has reduced the average review time during live game coverage from 77 seconds (2015) to 50-60 seconds today, and halved the number of review officials needed in a typical game.
In addition to helping games flow more freely, refereeing decisions are more accurate, efficient and transparent, improving the fan experience.
The NRL Bunker has been such a boon to refereeing and decision-making that the NRL recently co-located its digital team here.
• 20 server racks across the NRL Bunker and mobile venue kits
• 20 HD video feeds from NRL stadia to the NRL Bunker
• 29km of cable at the main (Bunker) facility
• 57 HD monitors
• Three broadcast cameras on remote control pan and tilt heads send pictures of the official review room
to broadcasters for integration into their programming
• Switch glass technology provides visual security in-game for Video Review officials